
I did the Cataract Trail alone yesterday. The best part was taking the windy drive from Fairfax as fast as I wanted to without fear of scaring a passenger or making him/her car sick. It was really fun to drive. The hike itself was harder than I would have expected going up (also because I thought I was losing light and practically ran), and easy on the downhill return. Every turn was covered with waterfalls. Little ones, big ones, ones everywhere. It's like what my Dutch uncle says when he goes to the beaches in Europe, haha, but he really says that.
The hike was like walking up the edge of a bowl that's being submersed under water--the waterfalls cascaded down the edges all around you.






I realized when I was starting the hike that the trailhead was right where I was on Christmas Day, though this would be a treacherous hike in pouring rain.

PS if you go on this hike a good place to stop after is in Fairfax, at the Fairfax Scoop, for ice cream. It's organic, too, but I don't really care.
No comments:
Post a Comment