
I took advantage of a trip to LA, and the trip took advantage of me. It was a mutual thing between consenting adult and city. I love LA. Don't argue with me! You can't convince me to dislike a city I spent 4 lovely, fun years in. My profession takes me there occasionally and that may be one of the reasons I like my job.
I went down to work on some radio spots and stayed at the Avalon, where Marilyn Monroe lived briefly. I hung out with my friend, Andy, by the decorative pool.

The next day my coworker and I went to the recording studio in my rented Kia SUV, otherwise known as a supersized dink car. The recording studio was great, and very nice to look at, but you can still put your converse up on the table.

After our session we stopped by an edit house my coworker has worked with many times to say hi to his old friends. The space it occupies inspires architectural drool. I'm not a design/architecture person myself, but it's quite a space, in an old wooden warehouse. Each edit studio is positioned over a flat pool of water spotted with inverted fountains. One wall of each studio is constructed of two layers of glass, one full of glass beads (slowly sinking down and bending the glass outward until one day when it will break) and one full of ping pong balls.

I like taking photos in all the hotel rooms I stay in. Usually the weirdest self-portraits possible, but you are what you eat, so here you go. By the way, this breakfast cost THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS. There were actually diamonds mixed in with my oats.

When I got back X brought me beautiful flowers and took me to Frascati on Hyde which was delicious. Try the duck rillettes, yum.

On St. Patty's Day I went to a party at the Jo-tel which at some points was so packed there were literally people standing in the showers to get out of the way.

The next day the members of the Jo-tel had their traditional giant breakfast and we walked to Golden Gate Park.


I went on the same dirtiest dirty hike with one of my roommates but this time I was prepared.




this plant

looks like me in LA. yay, fun with alcohol and hair!

I also spent 6 straight hours sitting and drinking with coworkers and one friend's dad and brother but as you can imagine no good photos came out of it. (read: no publishable photos). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment