
I try, when I remember, to appreciate the fact that I have good solid legs that allow me to take part in all sorts of activities, and to use them frequently for this.
Last week I took this idea to a Sosia-esque extreme when I went hiking, then skiing, then biking.
I hiked the Tennessee Valley trail near sunset. It was quite crowded as usual but worth it for the views and to see the effect of the major rains we have had (yay, mud). There were lots of cranes and quail, and I could hear but not see lots of frogs. On my return I heard a coyote barking and howling. It was just like you'd imagine it, sound effect-style, with each cry a "Wuh-wuh-AROOOOOOO!"
Below you can see the horse stable on the way in, one of the many cranes, and a couple of photos of the sunset at the beach and on the trail. It's not a great photo, but I love the way the clouds are colored pink near the end of the sunset.





Friday I left for Tahoe to attempt to learn to ski with some old friends. I was oddly struck with altitude sickness when we got there and the first morning. Tahoe isn't even that high! Luckily I felt better in the fresh air and higher on the mountain (???). I don't know why. I really enjoyed skiing, though! It was blowing snow and sometimes ice but I had a great time! I didn't even fall once--that is, until I took off the skis and ate shit big time as I was walking into the building to catch the funicular. That put me right in my place. On the ground. I laughed like crazy.




It was too warm to ski on Sunday so we drove home early, stopping at Ikeda's on the way back (awesome burgers).
The next day was what must be my third last day of vacation and I got up early to bike to Tiburon and back with Shayla. It only took us 5 hours (haha). We thought we'd gone over 40 miles. We'd only gone 26. Sigh! It was a good ride though, not even hard.
We rode across the bridge and through Sausalito (that's the San Francisco skyline in the background)

through Mill Valley and the marsh to Tiburon, where we stopped at the Audobon sanctuary and mansion before taking the uphill trip back to San Francisco.


Legs, you treat me so well. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment