
My first official week back at work.
The mid-week hump was countered with a play, "Sexual Perversity in Chicago". The theater posters of the woman in a black leather catsuit were extremely misleading! The play was awful and uninteresting, the couple in front of us was noisily sucking each other's faces the entire hour (short, eh?) and the most entertaining parts of the spectacle were a) watching my friend doze off and jerk back up long enough to hiss every time the couple started giving each other tongue baths (hello! because of the stadium seating we were a foot away from their heads.) b) making fun of same friend every time she fell asleep with other mutual friends, and c) trying to silently entertain my brain enough not to doze off myself.
Luckily we escaped (when it ended) and headed across the street for King of Thai Noodles. No atmosphere, amazing food. Shannon was very happy. All I remember about this photo is that she was dancing around singing "I'm innocent! I'm innocent!"

I also got to try out DODGEBALL for the first time (www.dodgeball.com), yet another online social network, this one owned by Google. So far it doesn't work too well, but maybe if more people join? I jokingly wrote to my 2-person network that I was at the Power Exchange, not really thinking that it would show up on Dodgeball's public website as the last place I'd gone out to. We went to the Redwood Room at the Clift later, and it was packed with MacWorld people. We narrowly escaped.
Thursday night I was supposed to go with a date to see some "folktronica" at the Hemlock but I decided to have a panic attack instead. It would have been cool though--the guy plays piano loaded with twigs and leaves. ummmm....yeah! I did have some powerful truffled risotto at Antica on Polk St. though.
Last night I went out with the roomies, Katiex2, and my friend, Shayla, to Nectar, a wine bar in the Marina. It was delicious. We each had flights and paired dishes. The South African and Bubbles flights were good. After we met some friends at Naked Fish (I am not a fan of that place, but their infused sake is pretty tasty) and headed to another bar in the Marina before gorging ourselves on ice cream at Johnny Rockets and made a game of making the group of stoners that came in after us as paranoid as possible by turning around at different times and just staring at them.

classic Katie WTF look





Today I went on a hike with X on the Muir Coastal Trail, a pretty long trip from Muir Beach to Tennessee Valley and back again. We were stomping through mud. Our running joke was "We are NOT going back to the car" as he slid and ruined his shoes and I succeeded in covering my entire left leg with mud. The views of the coast never ended. It was beautiful, but there were some rough bits, especially hiking to the top of this cliff/hill (those tiny lines at the top are people, and you still can't tell from this picture how dramatic it really is):

This is the view straight down from the edge of the cliff as we walked up that hill:

I like this photo because I always imagine, in looking out to the ocean horizon, that I can see the curvature of the earth. This photo seems to support that theory:

There were also lots of views of San Francisco beyond the coast, here with Tennessee Valley beach:

Yet another sunset, this one over Muir Beach. I never get tired of sunsets. They help you remember that time is actually passing and to appreciate it.

X and I made dinner together (he made pistachio and pecan-encrusted veal with spicy squash. impressive!). I made a salad that is usually pretty spectacular but tonight was less-than. Spinach, dried cherries, toasted pinenuts, and chevre with vinaigrette. I swear it's good, try it yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment