Since I've been sick and not doing a whole lot, I'll post some of my favorites from Reid's camera from the past year. There is a lot of silliness.
The one above is my failed attempt to scare Reid around Halloween. That's an Ikea cleaver, by the way. It's sharp.
Fake lashes on a trip to SF when I was still in Colorado. We were at the Balboa Cafe (an SF institution, with bartenders dressed in white jackets and black ties where a lot of SF natives seem to congregate, especially around the holidays).
The NY trip on New Year's, in front of the Rockefeller ice skating rink.
Reid in front of the Museum of Natural History, providing a dramatic glimpse of natural history from the prehistoric era.
In front of the concrete slides above Castro, on a trip back to SF.
The slides.
This was part of a series of photos, but I'm really glad this one in particular was taken because it captured a look that I get from Reid all the time, that simply says, You're bonkers, woman.
Inside a metal sculpture from the amazing Olafur Eliasson exhibit that ended a little while ago at SFMOMA, perfectly titled "Take Your Time".
Dinner after the exhibit. Big lippies!
Halloween party at the Jo-tel. Reid, dressed like this, got out of the cab (which we shared with a crazy lady who covered her ears and rocked when we went through the Broadway tunnel) and a girl on Polk street screamed at him "You're bleeding!" with no humor or irony. People are weird sometimes, I tell ya.
The Hog Island Oyster Company in Inverness, a working oyster farm where you can reserve a picnic table and bbq, and buy oysters straight from the farm. I highly recommend it, but bring blankets; it can get cold!
On a hill near the Randall Museum (in Twin Peaks?).
Another typical Reid-Sosia photo, this from a New Year's party in NY.
Reid's Valentine's Day surprise to me: he grilled steaks at a secret park in Fort Mason with an amazing view of the water. There were candles and tealights all over.

A rare occasion--my brother and his girlfriend in town while I was visiting over the summer. We always end up at Liverpool Lil's when we're together, another SF institution that fits the city perfectly for its cozy warm hippiness (wonderful to come into out of the foggy Presidio), wood-paneled walls, and great drinks.
Here's to being healthy now and doing something fun this weekend!
1 comment:
So many good photos! You and Reid have such fun and happy times together! I loved the Olafur Eliasson photo too ... that sculpture is great.
Post a Comment