Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A big pot of chili

It's raining again. Time for some hearty foods to warm the belly.

I made Texas-style chili (no beans, no tomatoes) on Monday and ate it last night with friends accompanied by rice, cornbread, and banana pudding. The chili ended up being pretty mild so we doctored it with hot sauce and jalapenos. We stuffed ourselves silly.

Here's the recipe: Texas Style Chili
I made it with beer instead of water, regular chili powder, and added cayenne but it still ended up not being hot enough. It was pretty tasty though and warmed us up after walking in the rain.

Did I mention that I have smelled like chili for the last two days? My apartment will probably retain the scent for a week.

1 comment:

Critique said...

Chili is delicious! I wish I could have been there. Cornbread is also one of my favorites. Chili is one of the best things they make in the hospital as well, could be the slow cooking it does all day, haha.