Fark.com has a specific heading for Florida posts. For example: http://suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-cat22.html
Florida photos to come as soon as I find my camera cord...but I'm pretty much at work all the time and my new job has strict rules on confidentiality--even what can't be blogged. So, limited photos and information, coming soon!
I pretty much work all the time. I had to ask for Sunday off last week. Reid (o mysterious X!) came to visit me and we drove halfway down the Florida Keys before we escaped the mass of memorial day traffic and found a little scrappy scrap o' beach.
It was hip-hop-weekend-at-the-beach in South Beach and I was intrigued at being one of the only white people on the beach on Monday. Miami and my workplace are the most diverse places I've ever lived and worked. It's so different, but not really.
However, I will be moving to Boulder, CO in August for yet another change of scenery and to work at a new office opening there. Having never been there, I think I will probably enjoy it. I don't have time to think during the day but at night when I'm not usually obligated to be working (though this is not consistently true) I've started to have dreams about the people I love and worked with. Although I am meeting some great people here I'll be leaving most of them behind when I head to Boulder as the office is splitting.
Hurricane season started today. I responded by buying one jug of water. I've got two cans of tuna, too. I'm so prepared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment