
I've been in LA the last couple of days working on a shoot. No photos of the shoot to be posted here because that would be a big no no but I can tell you that we're working in a ginormous warehouse in a not so great neighborhood, and it's where they built at least one Apollo rocket. There's even an observation room in one of the walls where presidents and other government leaders would come to take a look at the enormous spaceships.
I'm lucky to be here with some really great people: the art director and his wife and baby. It's tough work times but at least we get a break for dinners.
Jose with little Santiago

Me, a different night, in Venice

Another great art director I've worked with, Slav, also on production

My old friend Andy who came to meet up. We like to take dramatic but blurry photos in LA restaurants.
4 comments:
JPL? Cool. L. Ron Hubbard lived in Pasadena for awhile with one of the top rocket fuel scientists at JPL, Jack Parsons. He was good enough at it that decades later French astronomers named a crater on the moon after him. Anyway, he was big into the occult, and once tried, with Hubbard, to bring into existence a hell-spawn of the devil, using some pretty amazing sex magik. Then Hubbard stole his girlfriend and his sailboat and escaped to Florida. This is only about the 13th-most-interesting sequence of events in Hubbard's life.
http://www.bariumblues.com/jpl.htm
Thanx for mentioning the guys that took it apart too. Oh and don't worry I am not a stalker just bored at Joe Carlson studio. Your blog is pretty sweet except for the bad oversight on your behalf.
Jolly O.
Steven Merk
Oh and I realized someone else was logged on so I posted under a female name please disregard the name.
Thank you much and good day.
I want to know what's in that warehouse.
Post a Comment